Many people usually throw away avocado’s healthiest part: its seed, but they actually shouldn’t.
Experts claim that it contains even 70% of the nutritional benefits of the complete fruit! Nevertheless, you have to know how to consume it.
Benefits Of The Avocado Seed
Avocado is actually a super food because of its abundance of nutrients. But, many people don’t know that its seed is more nutritious than the skin or the flesh of the fruit! If you have some questions whether to keep it or eat it, here are some of the top health benefits of avocado seed:
- Antioxidants: Researchers from the Pennsylvania State University have discovered that avocado seed contains more than 70% of the phenolic antioxidants found in the whole avocado fruit. They are very important as they can help you improve your cholesterol levels. Eating these seeds can help you reduce different inflammatory conditions, blood pressure levels and the risk of diabetes. Their antioxidants also help boost your immunity.
- Good for the Heart: As we already mentioned, the seed is anti-inflammatory. It lowers cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Eating more of these avocado seeds can reduce your chances of having plaque buildup in your arteries and in that way, it protects your heart against diseases and attacks.
- Anti-Inflammatory and Others: The seed is also found useful in lowering your risk of stroke, cancer and inflammations! What’s more, it also contains insecticidal, anti-microbial and fungicidal properties.
- Digestion Improvement: It was also found that many people in South America use avocado seeds to treat various digestive system issues, such as gastric ulcers and dysentery.
- Fiber: The seed also contains soluble fiber and is richer in nutrients than any vegetable around you. Soluble fiber has many benefits like: lowering the cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Full article at www.beextrahealthynow.com/